When The Rules Cry Nov 30, 2013 19:59:58 GMT 12
Post by Shaun Swain on Nov 30, 2013 19:59:58 GMT 12
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni: The Forum Game
“Please uncover the truth, that is my only wish.”
Make it an utmost priority to read the rules thoroughly.
How to Play:
This game is to be played with a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 18.
At the beginning of the game four hidden roles are assigned to four different players:
The Detective and The Killer:
Two players are assigned the roles of The Detective and The Killer of the round. It is the detective’s objective to find and hunt down the killer whilst the killer must discover “The Conspirator.” Each turn the two roles are given a hint alluding to another player, however, the clues given to the killer are sent to the GM by the conspirator to lead the killer off track. Neither the detective nor the killer know which of the two they are, only the fact that they are one of them.
The Detective and The Killer have three guesses each as to who their respective targets are.
If The Killer accuses someone of being The Conspirator, they will kill the suspect but will not be informed whether or not they were correct until either the end of the game or The Detective discovers them. If the Killer falsely accuses three people, they will kill themselves. If The Killer kills The Detective, The Carrier will die the following turn.
If The Detective discovers The Killer, The Killer no longer kills with their accusations and is informed whether or not they are correct straight away. If The Detective falsely accuses someone, the suspects are killed. (The Carrier will not be killed by The Detective) If The Detective falsely accuses three people, The Conspirator is informed of the identity of The Carrier.
The Carrier is aware of their identity. It is The Carrier’s objective to discover the identity of The Detective and The Conspirator. The Carrier has three guesses as to who the detective may be. If the carrier guesses correctly, the detective is informed that they are the detective and is told the identity of The Conspirator. If The Carrier guesses someone falsely, The Conspirator will be given a chance to give The Detective a false hint in place of his usual one. The Carrier is not told if they are correct or not. If The Carrier makes three false guesses, The Detective will be killed. If The Carrier is killed, everyone but The Conspirator will die the following turn.
The Conspirator is informed of The Killer’s identity (but not their primary role) and is aware that they are The Conspirator. It is the objective of The Conspirator to find the identity of The Carrier and either convince the town or trick The Killer to kill The Carrier. Every turn they must send in a red herring to the GM which will be relayed to The Killer as their “false hint.” If The Conspirator is killed by either The Killer or The Detective, The Carrier will die the following turn. Even if The Carrier is dead, they can still send in their red herrings to the killer. If The Conspirator is “captured” by The Killer which has been discovered by The Detective, or if The Town votes to lynch The Conspirator, the game will end and no-one else will die.
Each turn (divided into 24 hours) the town (including The Carrier, Killer, Detective and Conspirator) is given the chance to vote for someone to either be captured or lynched. A captured player will be unable to use both their secondary and primary role abilities nor be able to be killed but they can still vote. A lynched player will not be allowed to vote in addition to being unable to use their abilities for the rest of the game, however, only one player can be captured at a time. If the town captures someone else, the previous person that was captured will be released. The game will end when everyone, with the exception of The Conspirator, is dead, (Conspirator Wins) the town lynches The Conspirator or The Conspirator is caught by a converted Killer. (Town Wins) Primary roles will be revealed upon a player’s death but the secondary roles will be publicly revealed only after the game has ended, not even The Detective or The Killer will be aware of whom they were if they are killed during the course of the game.
If The Conspirator wins within the first three turns of a game, no secondary roles will be revealed and the game will start again with a new killer and detective.
Each player is given a hidden primary role by the GM, each with their own individual abilities which can be used by PMing the GM. The four secondary hidden roles above will be amongst the players with their own primary roles. (Despite the roles being hidden, there are several which are aware of the identities of others)
- Rika is aware of the identities of Keiichi, Mion, Rena and Satoko.
- If Rika is The Carrier, she is given a maximum of five guesses and is able to guess two people every second turn, with one single guess in between. However, if she uses two guesses, she can not use her primary ability for either the turn she uses this ability or the following turn.
- If Rika is The Detective and she is discovered by The Carrier, she is automatically told the identity of The Conspirator.
- If Rika is The Killer she is able to stop one player from using their abilities for the rest of the round (not including secondary roles.)
- If Rika is The Conspirator, once a round she is able to create a killer that can kill only once, afterwards the killer will die.
- Three times a game, Rika is able to stop the town from lynching anyone. After the third turn, Rika will no longer be able to vote.
- Miyo is aware of the identities of Jirou and Irie.
- If Miyo is either The Detective or Killer, she is able to choose a successor who will replace her if she is killed. If she chooses any of the other three secondary roles as her successor, both Miyo and her chosen successor will die immediately.
- If Miyo is neither The Detective nor The Killer, she is able to intercept up to three hints given to The Detective.
- Keiichi is aware of the identities of Rika, Mion, Rena and Satoko.
- If Keiichi is either The Detective or Killer, he may use two of his three guesses in the first turn.
- Once a game, Keiichi is able to redirect the town vote to someone of his own choosing, however, he is not able to change whether or not they are captured or lynched. (i.e if the majority of votes say lynching, the new target will be lynched.)
- Rena is aware of the identities of Rika, Keiichi, Mion, Satoko and Rina.
- If Rena is either The Detective or Killer, Rena can accuse up to five people instead of the standard three.
- If Rena is killed, a clue alluding to the identity of The Conspirator will be given to The Killer in place of their usual red herring.
- Mion is aware of the identities of Rika, Keiichi, Rena, Satoko and Shion.
- If Mion is The Carrier, she will not be able to be killed by the town vote.
- If Mion is The Conspirator, she will not be able to be captured by the town vote.
- Mion is able to stop up to three people from being affected by the town vote.
- Shion is aware of the identities of Rika, Keiichi, Rena, Mion, Satoko and Kasai.
- If Shion is The Killer or Detective, she will be given the abilities of the people she murders. (Or Captures if she has been converted.)
- If Shion is not either The Killer or Detective, she is allowed one attempt at guessing the identity of either The Detective or Killer, if she is correct, she will kill them and take their secondary role. If she is incorrect, she will be unable to use her other ability for the rest of the game.
- Every other turn, Shion is able to use the unconditional abilities of another player’s primary role. Shion can not use the same role’s ability more than once. (However, Shion can not use Miyo’s ability if she is The Killer or Detective.)
- Satoko is aware of the identities of Rika, Keiichi, Rena and Mion.
- If Satoko is The Carrier, she is also given The Killer’s red herrings.
- If Satoko is The Killer, she will receive The Detective’s hints and The Detective will receive the red herrings
- Satoko is able to “attach” herself to another player for the rest of the game. The votes and the (remaining) number of times an ability may be used by the attached player are doubled. (I.E if Mion has stopped the town from affecting one person, her remaining 2 protections become 4) She can not use this ability on the first turn, however.
- Satoshi is aware of the identities of Shion and Satoko.
- If Satoshi is The Killer or Detective, he will not die after his final accusation, but he will not be able to use either his ability, vote or be killed by the town vote. He can, however, be killed by other means.
- Satoshi can protect one person from being killed with the exception of the town vote. The person attempting to hurt his target will die and Satoshi will disappear the following turn. He can protect Shion and Satoko exactly one time each without disappearing.
- Kuraudo is aware of Keiichi’s identity.
- Kuraudo can not be protected from the town vote.
- Kuraudo is able to arrest three people a turn. Arrested people are unable to use their primary role abilities.
- Kuraudo can investigate one player and learn their roles every second turn. If he is The Conspirator, he may investigate two players at a time.
- Jirou is aware of Miyo’s identity.
- If Jirou is The Killer or Detective, he will be protected by three murder attempts but after the third protection, the town kill will be changed to him.
- If Jirou is neither The Killer or Detective, he will be told someone who is not The Detective every turn.
- If Jiou does not have a secondary role, he will die on the fifth turn, in exchange, The Killer will be informed that they are The Killer.
- Kyousuke is aware of identities of Miyo and Satoko.
- If Kyousuke is The Conspirator, he is able to create a second killer at the start of the game but can only give the same red herring to both killers.
- If Kyousuke is neither The Detective or Killer, he will informed of one person who is not The Killer every turn.
- If Kyousuke does not have a secondary role, he will die on the sixth turn, in exchange, The Detective will be informed that they are The Detective.
- Akasaka is aware of Rika’s identity.
- If Akasaka is The Killer or Detective, he will receive the information Oishi recovers from his interrogations.
- Three times per game, Akasaka is able to reset the number of times a person is able to use their protection based abilities, if this ability is used on Satoshi after he has “disappeared,” Satoshi may return and use his ability again - including on Satoko and Shion.
- Every other turn, Akasaka is able to “give” a protection based role an additional protection. I.E Mion may be able to stop the town four times instead of three, Satoshi can protect two people before disappearing etc. (Note: If someone has used all their protections, they can not receive an additional one without being “reset.”)
- If Akasaka is The Conspirator, he is able to “remove” a protection from another player every other turn.
- Akane is aware of the identities of Mion, Shion and Kasai.
- If Akane is The Conspirator, every second turn she will be able to kill someone of her own choosing for a maximum of three times. However, she can not kill The Killer.
- If Akane is The Killer or Detective, she is able to use Mion and Shion’s unconditional abilities. (However, she can only use Shion’s role-stealing ability if it is on cooldown.)
- Akane is able to make her vote count for three votes. If she uses this ability three times, she will be lynched.
- Oryo is aware of the identities of Mion, Shion, Akane and Kasai.
- If Oryo is The Conspirator, once per game, if The Killer has made an accusation, Oryo is able to change the target to someone of her own choosing.
- Every second turn, Oryo can force Akane’s vote to count for three. If Oryo forces Akane’s third super vote, Oryo will be lynched in place of her.
- Kiichirou is aware of everyone’s identities.
- If Kiichirou is The Conspirator, the people Oishi investigates will die the turn following the investigation.
- If Kiichirou is either The Killer or The Detective, he is able to accuse Tomitake, Oishi, Irie or Tomitake without using up one of his three guesses, however, he can only guess one of them for free.
- Kiichirou is able to change whether or not a town’s target is captured or lynched.
- Teppei is aware of the identities of Satoko and Rina.
- Every second turn, Teppei is able to take control of another player, learning the player’s role and being able to control both their votes and unconditional abilities.
- If Teppei is either The Killer or Detective, he can control two players at a time.
- Rina is aware of the identities of Teppei and Rena.
- If Rina is The Conspirator, up to three times per round, she can intercept a PM sent to the GM (the name of whom sent it will be left disclosed) and may destroy it if she wishes.
- Every second turn, Rina is able to learn a piece of information given to any male info-retrieving role. (Jirou, Kuraudo and Kyosuke)
- Kasai is aware of the identities of Mion, Shion, Akane and Oryo.
- Once per game, Kasai is able to negate all protection abilities for the turn he activates this ability and the following turn.
- Every second turn, Kasai is able to change the target of a protection based role to a target of his choosing a maximum of four times. However, this ability only works if the person he is changing the target of has actually used their ability.
If you have any queries, please consult me (Knight of Heart) or Nate. (Who will make sure to yell at me extra loudly) These rules may be changed or added to.